Seeking a Business Analyst for a national leader in the premium finance industry.
Position Description:This position requires strong business analysis, technical writing and editing skills along with the ability to apply proven project management, communication, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT systems, practices and procedures. This role will carry the expectation to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex functional and technical information.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
· Developing written specifications about the organization’s business systems to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments
· Liaise with internal and external customers to define business procedures and establish documentation needs
· Analyze customer requests and prepare technical documentation for software development.
· Analyze IT project requirements to determine types of documents needed
· Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information
· Develop, standardize and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis
· Develop test plans and test conditions for your business requirements assignments
· Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood
· Ability to plan and organize your projects including:
· Creating project work plans
· Identifying resources and making assignments along with reporting progress against those assignments.
· Applying methodology and enforcing project standards
· Minimizing exposure and risk
· Ensuring project documentation is thorough and complete for all phases of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and MS Project
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum 3 years experience managing IT projects. PMP certification a plus but not required
· Must have experience writing technical documents for developer use
· Ability to work independently once assigned a task
· Agile development philosophy
· Highly self motivated and directed