This client is located on the Plaza and has a very cool space that offers free parking, an on-site gym, cafeteria, and $5 lunches with nearby restaurants. You will be a big part of changing the way this client manages data!
The Data Architect is responsible for providing technical guidance and direction in defining the data architecture strategy in support of projects and business needs of the firm. Candidates should have 5+ years’ experience in working with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements and to provide best practices for advanced data manipulation as well as storage and analysis strategies in a data warehouse environment. This position requires excellent communication skills and an ability to take a leadership role. It also involves working closely with the database engineers in the Infrastructure Team for operational excellence and continuous improvement of processes and procedures associated with a database services team. Legal industry experience is a plus.
- Deliver data management vision, goals, priorities, design principles, and operating policies in support of the business goals.
- Design and oversee database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, db scripts, DTD schemas, structures and data standards.
- Implement best practices and methodologies in data analysis, design, and modeling.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters and answering user questions.
- Manage and develop an enterprise-tailored taxonomy. Categorize internal and external data collections and ensure users find the information they need with speed and precision.
- Ensure data integrity and data flow velocity.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Work with Database Engineers to ensure common understanding and full awareness of application behavior and data requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge & experience. Certifications preferred.
- Solid experience translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Extensive experience on Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) strategy, design, and implementation of multiple databases.
- Experience with Meta data definition, implementation, and maintenance, new business rules identification and implementation to data rules, transformation program library maintenance, XML file generation, and data quality.
- Ability to provide off-hour (evening, weekends, and holidays) support for project and escalated issues, as needed
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and many external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- MCTS, MCITP, MCSE: Data Platform, MVP certification and involvement with the MSSQL Server Community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups is a plus.